Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pottery Barn Black Re-Finish

Yay! My first blog post! Ok, here we go! So if there is one thing I'm great at doing it's starting projects and not finishing them for a very long time. Well this was the first time I actually finished within a few days because it was so easy! I got the idea and directions from The Yellow Cape Cod.
I always seam to forget to take pictures before I start my projects so sorry these aren't the best pictures, but here is the before and after:



I followed the directions mostly, I probably should have sanded better than I did. I also used an electric mouse sander to make the rough spots very carefully on the edges. To make it realistic try and sand parts of it that would naturally be dinged up from use, especially the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment