Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cabinet Re-do

Here is another one of my DIY re-dos, it's just a tall skinny cabinet. Once again I forgot to take an original before picture, but it was gray with gray wooden knobs. I sanded the entire thing down, painted all the drawers and the body of it with a white primer (2 coats) and then I painted it with a pretty cotton white paint. it took a few coats of that to get a nice finish.

The best way I have found to get a smooth, professional paint finish is to use a cabinet roller like this one:


I decided to stain the top of the cabinet with Ebony stain, I also used a paint roller for this but then I quickly wiped off the access with a rag.

This is the before and after:

Before and After
I found the knobs at hobby lobby on sale for only $3.99 each! I was very excited. although getting all five of them took some time because they didn't have enough in stock and I had to wait for another shipment to come in. But it was well worth the wait! I think they are adorable! 

Hobby Lobby Knobs
Someday I would love to paint the inside of the drawers ribbon egg blue but I just haven't gotten to it yet and I was all painted out for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment